It’s hard to know where to begin telling what it’s like here. I’m not sure I have a good grasp of it yet, but a general idea is forming. In no particular order, here are some common themes that crossed my mind today:
- Kids are kids, wherever you go.
- Teenagers are teenagers, wherever you go.
- I really, really don’t like working with teenagers.
- Summer here is somewhat similar to summer back home in D.C.
- Are we going to come up with a reasonable, sensible schedule?
- My feet hurt.
- Hmmmm…it’s been about 10 minutes since I’ve had a drink of water; that might explain the hallucinations.
- The sand on this beach is perfect.
- I really, reaLLY, REALLY don’t like working with teenagers.
More to tell later.